There are two ways to make this easy, delicious applesauce, on the stove and in the crock pot. I prefer to use the crock pot since allowing it time, gives me the chance to not have to use my hand blender.
4 apples, peeled, cored, chopped (Cortland apples are perfect for this recipe)
3/4 cup water
1/4 or less of white sugar (depending on the sweetness of apple you are using)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Stove Top Directions:
1) In small saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar and cinnamon.
2) Cover and cook over medium heat 15-20 mins or until apples are soft.
3) Allow to cook, then mash with potato masher or hand blender until desired consistency.
Crock Pot Directions:
1) Double the recipe. Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on high 3-4 hours.
2) Mash apples with potato masher or just eat as is!
Note: If doubled, half of this applesauce can be placed in a freezer bag and popped into the freezer for later. Thaw in your fridge day before eating. Any extra you don't eat, you can also place in your fridge for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy!